* Please note that Make-Up Exams service will not be offered from December 11-16 for during Pitt Finals. All make-up exams for Finals Week will be administered on Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 18-19 (after Finals Week).
The UPTC provides a Make-Up Exam service to all University instructors in the event that a student is unable to complete an exam during regularly scheduled classroom time. This is only to be used in the case of excused absences due to genuine medical or family emergencies. This service is not for students who miss their regularly scheduled exams by choice or error, which includes job interviews, leaving early for breaks, multiple exams scheduled at the same time, or for any other reason. *We also do not offer this service to students who miss exams due to athletic events.* While the validity of an excuse is at the discretion of the professor, we ask that this condition be honored so we can continue to accommodate the number of requests we have campus-wide. If you believe there is a special circumstance that requires a student to take their exam at the Testing Center that does not *meet our criteria*, please call or email to discuss further options.
To request this service, please complete the Make-Up Exam Form below.
A few notes on Make-Up exams:
- Make-up exams are a walk-in service. Students do not have to schedule specific times, but they must complete the exam by the end of business hours according to the deadline established by the instructor.
- Exams will be given only until the deadline requested by the instructor. In cases in which the deadline changes, a new request form must be submitted by the instructor that includes the new deadline.
- Multiple students can be listed on the Make-Up Request Form. Once the form is submitted, any additional make-up requests for the same exam require a new form.
- These are not exams for students registered through the Office of Disability Resources & Services. Students registered with the Office of Disability Resources and Servicesmust schedule with that department in order to receive time accommodations.