Students registered through the Office of Disability Resources and Services can request to take exams with accommodations. The proctored environment in the Testing Center offers an alternative to classroom space, typically (but not restricted to) offering students extra time on exams in accordance with their accommodations. Through this link, students registered through DRS can request letters of accommodation and schedule exams: https://askcathy.pitt.edu/collection/all/drs .
Important notes about DRS exams proctored at the Testing Center:
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR START TIME; students will not be admitted to the Testing Center 30 minutes after their scheduled start time. Students arriving late (before the 30 minute mark) will not have extra time added to their exams.
- PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOUR END TIME; all exams must be finished ten minutes before the Testing Center’s posted closing hours. This is regardless of when the class is taking the exam. The Testing Center will not remain open past its closing hours for students to finish exams. Any changes to hours will be posted on our website; please check a week before your exam for any changes.
- ALL WORK STATIONS IN THE TESTING CENTER ARE UNDER VIDEO SURVEILLANCE; this is to preserve academic integrity. If university faculty or staff have any questions about your behavior during an exam, the Testing Center will review and share the video-recording of your test session.
- ALL EXAMS MUST BE SCHEDULED AT LEAST 72 BUSINESS DAY HOURS BEFORE THE TEST SESSION; this means that an exam to be taken on Monday morning must be scheduled by the previous Wednesday morning. We recommend communicating with professors at the start of the semester to obtain an examination schedule.
- THE TESTING CENTER DOES NOT SCHEDULE YOUR EXAM OR APPROVE ACCOMMODATIONS; this is done through the Office of Disability Resources and Services.